Adafruit Pi Case- Enclosure for Raspberry Pi Model A or B

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
vansLDN

Adafruit Pi Case- Enclosure for Raspberry Pi Model A or B

Post by vansLDN »

Good afternoon everyone,

I just read the description if the following producthttps://www.adafruit.com/product/1326 (ref 1326). It says that thi scase is compatible with the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B but not with the B+. But I'm pretty I have read on different websites that the Pi 2 Model B and the Pi B+ ave the same, dimensions and the same connectors layout. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your replies, happy projects to all! :)

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Adafruit Pi Case- Enclosure for Raspberry Pi Model A or

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

There's some unfortunate overlap between the names of different RasPis.

The RasPi model B (ethernet port and one 2-port USB connector) was originally released with one set of microprocessor pins connected to the GPIO header, then the design was revised to connect a different set of microprocessor pins. The most noticable difference was a shift from microprocessor I2C channel 0 to channel 1. The older design became known as the "Raspberry Pi model B, revision 1" and the newer (and still current) design is the "Raspberry Pi model B, revision 2".

Next came the RasPi B+, which added a second 2-port USB connector and an improved power system.

Now we have a device with the same form factor as the B+ but a new, more powerful microprocessor. That one is the "Raspberry Pi version 2, model B".

The names "Raspberry Pi model B, revision 2" and "Raspberry Pi version 2, model B" sound almost identical, but they refer to different devices.

vansLDN

Re: Adafruit Pi Case- Enclosure for Raspberry Pi Model A or

Post by vansLDN »

Aaaaaaah... OK get it, thank you for the prompt reply! :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”