Bluetooth connection to GEMMA?

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
lea100

Bluetooth connection to GEMMA?

Post by lea100 »

Hi,

I've been looking around the site and on Google and whatnot, but I haven't really found a clear answer. I am new to using Arduinos, so I might be in over my head, but I currently have the GEMMA wearables microcontroller. I'm trying not to purchase a different controller, because GEMMA fits my project pretty nicely (it is a sweater that will playback sounds according to the data from a motion sensor). I would like for the project to be wireless, but connect to my computer and it's sound system. Any advice on how to proceed? Should I just buy a different controller? Or if this has been a recurring question that I've overlooked, could someone point me in the right direction? Thank you very much!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Bluetooth connection to GEMMA?

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

You can connect a Gemma to an EZ-Link module (https://www.adafruit.com/products/1588) using a software serial connection.

That will consume two of your three pins though, so it's kind of expensive in terms of "leaving you space to do anything else".

lea100

Re: Bluetooth connection to GEMMA?

Post by lea100 »

Thank you! I think I might barely make it. I'm glad there's a way though. Much appreciated!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”