Trinket specs

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
fixitnate

Trinket specs

Post by fixitnate »

I am a complete Arduino rookie but my career so far has been in industrial automation. I'm stumbling around trying to make sense of the specs on the Trinket board as far as min/max board power, min/max I/O pin voltages allowed, and how exactly the 5 I/O connections can be used. I'm apparently terrible at taking data from multiple sources and compiling it in one place, so I'm wanting to bounce this off of someone to see if I'm at all correct on information I've gathered.

My project is for automotive use, therefore power and all inputs are going to be of the 12VDC to 14.7VDC range one finds in an automobile. I need 3 inputs and 2 outputs, all of the steady-state type... no PWM or anything fancy. The outputs will react in direct response to the inputs.

Is the following correct?
1. The Trinket may be powered with 12-14.7VDC without growing a few FEDs (Fire Emitting Diodes) in the process. TRUE.
2. The Trinket has 5 I/O pins that may be assigned in code as either inputs or outputs. TRUE.
3. The Trinket I/O pins may take 12-14.7VDC lava-free. Ehhhh... I think so....?
4. The Trinket output pins will turn on to 5VDC @20mA max given a 5V Trinket. TRUE.

Question: How long is the delay between applying power and code execution on the Trinket?
Spec says: "~5.25K bytes available for use (2.75K taken for the bootloader)"
Question: What does 2.50K of code look like? How much space would the code on this page consume? (https://learn.adafruit.com/led-masquera ... gemma-mask)

Thanks!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Trinket specs

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

3. The Trinket I/O pins may take 12-14.7VDC lava-free. Ehhhh... I think so....?

The max input to a GPIO pins is VCC. That's 5v for a 5v Trinket and 3.3v for a 3.3v Trinket.
How long is the delay between applying power and code execution on the Trinket?
The bootloader runs fr about 10 seconds before starting the program. You can overwrite the bootloader to change this.
What does 2.50K of code look like?
There is no simple answer to that. But if you compile your code, the compiler will tell you exactly how many bytes are used.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”