QR Barcode Scanner TTL

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nothinrandom

Re: QR Barcode Scanner TTL

Post by nothinrandom »

thommo,

What software are you using? What kind of output is your scanner? Even the wrong baud rate, data bits, parity, or even stop bits will spit out junk (learned the hard way). In order to talk to your arduino, it needs to output TTL. If it's RS232, grab a MAX232 chip to convert logic. If it's virtual com, then you'll need a computer to read. If it's uart, well...you're home free.

tokoton

Post by tokoton »

I'm working on an Arduino project and the goal is to scan and identify printed labels. Of course RFID would be a possibility but QR would be much cooler and much cheaper for a large scale project. Did you find any solutions or leads? It seems like the kind of things that must have been done somewhere.

I'd be grateful for any help or leads

abbylee

Post by abbylee »

Check this bar code scanner, I think it can help you.

bobell

Post by bobell »

thommo wrote:I'm new arduino but want to develop an entry system using 39 code barcodes that I print using VB6. I'm using handheld reader at the moment using the arduino code that is on that site but it wont recognise the output from the reader. I have ried changing the start byte and the end byte to * for this is what is read. Any help please
I think only the arduino scanner can scan the barcode of arduino code.Maybe the handheld reader doesn't support arduino code.

globaltechno

Post by globaltechno »

I want to connect a barcode scanner with Arduino. I used MAX232 to convert the levels. I have taken only 3 pins: 2(RX), 3(TX) and 5(GND) from the DB9 cable and given them to pins of MAX232
When I move the TX pin on DB9, I get readings like 255, 240, 189, etc., i.e. random numbers. However, when I scan the barcode, I am not getting any output. I also checked the output of TX pins on an oscilloscope, which showed symmetric waves for a very short amount of time. Again, when the pin 12 of MAX232 (TTL output) was connected to the oscilloscope, no reading was observed.
http://globalvision.com.vn/en/barcodes-scanner-pc-1.htm

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”