Digital Programmable Timer with ARDUINO

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ElectroSpark

Digital Programmable Timer with ARDUINO

Post by ElectroSpark »

Is it possible to create a Digital Programmable Timer with Arduino ? I should be able to adjust the timer with Buttons like clock.

I want the programmable timer to "Turn ON" something relay oriented like a Lamp or Motor and Keep it running for certain time and then shut it off automatically. I want the same principle to continue every day and I should be able to Program a different start and end time using DIP Switches or Buttons. Any help is greatly appreciated.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Digital Programmable Timer with ARDUINO

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

This is certainly possible with an arduino. The internal clock in the arduino itself will tend to drift a bit. For better long-term timing accuracy, you might want to add a real-time-clock module.

ElectroSpark

Post by ElectroSpark »

First, Let me say Thank You for the quick response. Appreciate it very much.
I have already ordered Timer and other components from Adafruit yesterday. I will order DS3231 based timer soon (perhaps today).

But, I want to know if I can change Turn ON, Turn OFF times just by pressing few buttons (without connecting to computer after my device is ready) pointing to any old links or tutorials are helpful.

adafruit_support_bill

Yes it is possible to write such a program for the Arduino. Not sure what your application is, but if you search the web for Arduino alarm clocks, water sprinkler timers, coffee timers, water-heater controls etc, you will find many examples of arduinos used for timing control.

For a good introduction to Arduino programming, including how to use buttons, see Lady Ada's Arduino Tutorials.

You will also find helpful tutorials for the Real Time Clock and all the display options through the links on their respective product pages.

daremick

Post by daremick »

is it possible to change the timer on this RTC breakout to go from 1000ms to 1027ms?

adafruit_support_bill

is it possible to change the timer on this RTC breakout to go from 1000ms to 1027ms?
No.
http://datasheets.maximintegrated.com/en/ds/DS1307.pdf

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”