Hi, I've recently found out the hard way that the Arduino Uno R3 consumes batteries, so I spent a little time researching various portable solar options. (My Arduino is configured as a remote timer, so it draws little power, but the clock chews up batteries even in sleep mode.)
I've read through the tutorials & documentation for your USB solar charger (#390) and MintyBoost (#14), and it seems to be what I need. Since you don't accept phone orders, could you provide a complete parts list (with your ID numbers eg solar panel, batteries, etc) so I don't make any mistakes while ordering on-line?
Ok, I've read through the tutorial again, and I've determined what I need to drive my remote Arduino is your solar lipoly charger + minty:
However, I'm a little unsure about the exact parts with respect to cables & batteries. Here's what I have so far:
1. #390 USB / DC / Solar Lithium Ion/Polymer charger - v1.0
(Is the limited time bonus 2.1mm adapter cable still available?)
2. #14 MintyBoost Kit - v3.0
3. Battery - which one would you recommend? The #328, 353 or 258? My remote Arduino is asleep for 23 hours/59 minutes; it only wakes up to trigger a 9v DC motor (via the R3 motor shield with its own 9v battery) for 1 second, then goes back to sleep until the next day. Rinse, wash, repeat.
4. Solar panel - which one would you recommend? The #200, 262, 700, 500 or 417? We live in coastal Orange County (Calif).
5. If the cable in #1 above is included, do I need anything else to connect the panel, charger, battery, Minty and/or Arduino?
6. #372 10K NTC resistor (The Arduino is outside in a box.)
OK, is this complete or am I missing anything?