Arduino as a POCSAG pager decoder?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Arduino as a POCSAG pager decoder?

by markb911 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

First time poster......

I have been acquainting myself with the Arduino UNO and all of its wonderful add-ons and just had a question for the group.
As the subject suggests, I would like to build a paging decoder using the guts of a pager, but run it through the Arduino and on to a nice 20x4 LED display.
I'm not too worried about the hardware aspect, it's the software that will be the tough part, which I'm sure is often the case :). I'm still learning the Arduino language.
I happened to find some code online located here:
http://www.koders.com/c/fidDBA05333A349 ... 41B5A.aspx

It's not written for the Arduino specifically, but it is in "C"
I have almost been able to get it to compile by cutting and pasting, but I know the structure is not quite right. Am I being nieve in thinking that I can make this work?
I'm sure the Arduino itself can handle it, it's just a matter of the right code.
I found "multimon.h" online, but not for the Arduino specifically. Don't know how that's gonna work!

The only compiling error I get is: "error: expected initializer before 'print_msg_numeric'" (x2)
Presumably because "void Setup" is absent, as well as "void Loop" (uses "static Loop" instead).

I'm just wondering if I'm going in the right direction or if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Thanks for the help.

Mark
markb911

Re: Arduino as a POCSAG pager decoder?

by adafruit_support_rick on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:59 am

Post your edited code and I'll have a look at it.

adafruit_support_rick

by kyleyankan on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:09 am

Did this ever get any traction? Curious to see if anyone's done this yet on a hobbyist level

kyleyankan

by franklin97355 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Did this ever get any traction? Curious to see if anyone's done this yet on a hobbyist level
Apparently not here. What are you looking for specifically? What have you done and what do you want to accomplish? Helps us respond if we know what it is you want to do. Also if you have any information that will help us form an opinion that helps.
franklin97355