Read Work and Gym RFID Badges

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
hackaddict

Read Work and Gym RFID Badges

Post by hackaddict »

I just got the Adafruit PN532 NFC/RFID Controller Shield and have it working with blank cards that I bought from Adafruit. It is unable to recognize my work pass and my gym key fob. Both my work pass and my gym pass are manufactured by HID. Does anyone know if this reader can read HID RFID cards?

Franklin97355

Re: Read Work and Gym RFID Badges

Post by Franklin97355 »

HID makes three different frequency tags so you would need to find out what frequency your tags sre using. After that the encoding may be an issue.

rfidquestion

Post by rfidquestion »

I am using the normal 13.56ghz tags that you are probably using and is 'supported' by the reader. Why doesnt it read!

funkyguru

Post by funkyguru »

I have the same issue. Did you ever get anywhere with this.

Frankly I'm disappointed that there doesn't seem to be much help with this shield when it comes to reading anything other than Mifare cards.

zappo

Post by zappo »

I'm not sure if this will help, but it talks about card compatibility with the NFC chip built into the Nexus S smartphone:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... ostcount=6

It sounds like making sure the frequency matches is just the beginning. There's also a few proprietary protocols that are used. So there are some obstacles, but there should still be a few types of cards out there that you can read!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”