UNO vs. BoArduino Bootloader

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
leerm8680

UNO vs. BoArduino Bootloader

Post by leerm8680 »

Is there any difference between the bootloader from an Arduino UNO and one that was uploaded to a BoArduino using the "Diecimila/Duemilanove with 328P" setting on the IDE and an FTDI Friend?

I've moved a 328P from my Uno to a BoArduino. When I go to upload a sketch, I get the following error:
"avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00"

Would using the "Diecimila/Duemilanove with 328P" settings and reloading the bootloader on the chip while it is in the BoArduino resolve this? Or, am I barking up the wrong tree?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: UNO vs. BoArduino Bootloader

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The "Board Type" has more to do with the bootloader than the name printed on the board. When you plug a chip with an UNO bootloader into a Boarduino (Duemilanove, Deicemila, etc) that board effectively becomes an UNO for the purposes of uploading.

leerm8680

Post by leerm8680 »

So I could in theory put the UNO bootloader on the chip and use it in a BoArduino as long as I select UNO instead of Diecimila/Duemilanove for the settings before I upload?

(Sorry for the delayed response, I'm currentyl in a sand-overrun location that you ship to for free)

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

So I could in theory put the UNO bootloader on the chip and use it in a BoArduino as long as I select UNO instead of Diecimila/Duemilanove for the settings before I upload?
That's right.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”