Write and load sketches from an iPad

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
icky007

Write and load sketches from an iPad

Post by icky007 »

Is there an app for writing and loading sketches from an iPad onto an Arduino?

I find all types of apps for the ipad that simulate Arduino hardware and sketches but none that will load a sketch onto a physical Arduino like my PC can.

If no app exists, why? (Go easy, I'm a noob and don't know much about the Arduino yet)

Franklin97355

Re: Write and load sketches from an iPad

Post by Franklin97355 »

If no app exists, why?
Well, to start the iPad and The Arduino can't talk to each other without additional hardware and neither device is a USB host (without additional hardware)

dennisma

Post by dennisma »

franklin97355 wrote:Well, to start the iPad and The Arduino can't talk to each other without additional hardware and neither device is a USB host (without additional hardware)
Actually I think this would work with some mod for the reset needed http://blog.makezine.com/2011/07/18/59- ... lbreaking/

The issue after that would be to get the whole toolchain (avr-gcc, avrdude, etc) ported over to iOS. I have seen gcc ported over but it requires you to jail-break your iPhone/iPad.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

dennisma, That is what I meant by "additional hardware". It might be an option to the OP if there is an app written to build the scripts.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”