Air Manifold

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
arduionewb

Air Manifold

Post by arduionewb »

Hi there, I'm trying to create an air distribution system that takes a single source and distributes it to different tubes that are hooked up to a manifold... the air flow and which pipes are open/closed is what i would like to implement with the arduino and through a computer interface.

any ideas? Any already made libraries i can make use of?

thanks a lot

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Air Manifold

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

You would need to tell us more about your system:
What are the inputs to the system? How should it decide when & where to direct the air flow?
What are the outputs of the system? Are these high-pressure air valves, or duct dampers?
What level of control do you need? Simple on/off control, or do you need to balance/control the flow rate in each pipe?

arduionewb

Post by arduionewb »

Hi there, thanks for the response, here are some answers:

What are the inputs to the system? How should it decide when & where to direct the air flow?

I would like to do it so have an arduino system is hooked up to a PC or MAC that controls when and where to direct air flow. there would be one source of air flowing that is fed into a manifold that branches out into many tubes with valves that would need to be mechanically controlled by actuators that are controlled by the arduino... commands from a computer will execute some command that opens/closes valves with a constant source of air going the whole time,

What are the outputs of the system? Are these high-pressure air valves, or duct dampers?

not really sure

What level of control do you need? Simple on/off control, or do you need to balance/control the flow rate in each pipe?

balance/control

thanks alot

adafruit_support_bill

Balance/control implies that you have some sensors to measure the flow. Have you selected your sensors or your flow control valves yet?

arduionewb

Post by arduionewb »

I've been looking on Sparkfun so far but can't anything for the sensors yet

adafruit_support_bill

Well, you need to know what it is you are controlling before you can start thinking about the software to control it.

arduionewb

Post by arduionewb »

Yep, still looking around... lemme know if you have any suggestions

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”