Leonardo bug fix?

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
harrzack

Leonardo bug fix?

Post by harrzack »

Greetings! I'm new to Arduino - now working with an UNO to get my sea-legs, but would soon like go to Leonardo. However, the constant references to 'bugs' in Leo have chilled my interest a bit. As most comments toward this seem localized and sort of 'unofficial', I'm wondering if there is any 'official' statement as to the current 'buggy-ness' (or lack thereof) I can be referred to.

While I'm new to Arduino I'm not new to programming or hardware. Since I have no real previous sketches or Shields I don't think I need to be concerted with backwards compatibly. Naturally any upcoming purchases (Shields, etc) would have to be checked, but otherwise, is there any serious probs with Leo? Is there a contact with Arduino.cc that may supply info on this?

TIA for any feelings on the Leo! It does seem to be the 'wave of the Arduino Future' and I'd like to get going with it ASAP. :D

=Alan R.

Franklin97355

Re: Leonardo bug fix?

Post by Franklin97355 »

The Uno and the Leonardo are two different processors and some of the "bugs" seem to be that not all code will run without modification.Also some of the pins are in different locations in hardware. Do you have any concrete examples of bugs you've heard of?

harrzack

Re: Leonardo bug fix?

Post by harrzack »

Hi - nothing I can give you a link to. The first 'alert' was from this site where they cautioned only advanced Arduino users should get it. Since I'm just starting out, at first I didn't think it would matter since all my sketches would be 'Leo-specific'. Then figured maybe I should just start with UNO... Now with a whole 2 months "under my belt" ( :lol: ) I feel a bit more confident, and that, as you say, the only probs may be is in some pin defs and such. Iv'e looked at a number of libraries and so far, only a few include things for the Leo in addition to the rest.

I've seen other forums where posters allege there are bugs in some of the Serial stuff... but suspect it is more lack of familiarity and not having the latest Arduion (1.03 for me) software.

So - as far as you know there are no actual 'bugs' in the chip itself or the Leo card? I'd be surprised if there were!

=Alan R.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”