Display message in Serial Monitor? - Leonardo
Hello tech support,
My objective is to upload and execute the code to display messages in the Serial Monitor.
Please offer advice to figure out what is wrong with the current setup:
1) Is the sketch incorrect for serial communication, coding issues. Though within the code we are able to toggle the LEDs (snapshot 1);
2) Do we have any configuration issues, attaching snapshots for the application setting (snapshot 3);
3) Is something else incorrect occurring which we are overlooking?
After installing Arduino IDE, we pursued the following steps:
Step 1: Blink Program
a) Uploaded Blink (File->Examples->Basic->Blink) program which worked. I was able to view blinking LEDs
b) Able to change the duration of delay and it responded as expected
Step 2: Modified DigitalReadSerial Program with "Hello World" (File->Examples->Basic->DigitalReadSerial)
a) Uploaded the modified DigitalReadSerial program
b) I opened the "Serial Monitor" and no messages were displayed in the serial Monitor (snapshot 2)
Step 3: Blink + DigitalReadSerial program
a) Merged the two programs to assess if "Hello World" is correctly displayed within the serial Monitor
b) Uploaded the Blink + DigitalReadSerial program (snapshot 1) and the following was observed:
i) LEDs blinking but no messages were displayed in the serial Monitor
ii) When changing the delay duration for LEDs, it responded as expected when the serial Monitor was not opened. But once the serial Monitor opened – the LEDs blinked but at a slower rate.
1) snapshot 1: New program (Blink+DigitalReadSerial) which we uploaded to test the serial Monitor.
2) snapshot 2: Serial Monitor display screen after uploaded program
3) snapshot 3: Confirming Aurdino Leonardo board use
System Settings: Microsoft Windows XP
Arduino IDE version: 1.0.3
Comm Port: COM5
Board: Arduino Leonardo
- snapshot 3
- snapshot3.JPG (239.53 KiB) Viewed 477 times
- snapshot 2
- snapshot2.JPG (54.41 KiB) Viewed 477 times
- snapshot 1
- snapshot1.JPG (154.94 KiB) Viewed 477 times