Wave Shield

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ashapiro

Wave Shield

Post by ashapiro »

I am using Arduino Uno to control various LEDs in different combinations. I also have a SD that I would like to play either before, during or after each loop without interrupting the flow of the main sketch. Please tell me how that can be done. If someone already has a sketch as an example, I would very much appreciating receiving a copy. Thanks for any help you can give me. I am the rankest of beginners.
Arthur

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Wave Shield

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The WaveHC wave playback is 'interrupt driven'. What that means is that a timer generates an interrupt at regular intervals to play the sound through the Wave shield. This is all transparent to your program. You only need to start the playback by calling "playfile", then your program can go on to do other things such as controlling your LEDs.

There are many example sketches in the tutorial: http://www.ladyada.net/make/waveshield/examples.html
Under "6 buttons, 6 sounds, multiple possibilities!", the link named "Play the wave file all the way through once, but allow other buttons to interrupt" shows that the sketch is free to scan the pushbuttons while the wave file is playing.

ashapiro

Re: Wave Shield

Post by ashapiro »

Thanks for the immediate response. I'll check out the examples in the link. I'm sure I'll be able to find the answer to my particular problem.

Arthur

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”