[Question] How to write/change UID of NFC MiFare 1k using the adafruit NFC shield.
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

[Question] How to write/change UID of NFC MiFare 1k using the adafruit NFC shield.

by carlosr on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:08 pm

Well, the title says most of it.

I've been looking on the 4 expamples that the libraries have, and i have not found a clear way to change the UID of a card. I've read some of the guide, about the sectors, blocks, etc. This is trully a fascinating area, but its still abouve my skill set.

Anyways, is there an easy way to write a UID to a card?

Greetings.

PS- im using I2C libraries.
carlosr

Re: [Question] How to write/change UID of NFC MiFare 1k using the adafruit NFC shield.

by adafruit_support_mike on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:20 pm

I'm pretty sure those are burned directly into the chip during fabrication. That's the easiest and most obvious way to prevent spoofing.
When you void a product warranty, you give up your right to sue the manufacturer if something goes wrong and accept full responsibility for whatever happens next. And then you truly own the product.
adafruit_support_mike

Re: [Question] How to write/change UID of NFC MiFare 1k using the adafruit NFC shield.

by carlosr on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:19 pm

There has to be a way to change the uid sector
carlosr

by franklin97355 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:48 pm

franklin97355

by thefatmoop on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:29 pm

Late response, but look around on eBay and you can find mifare tags that allow anything to be edited.

I'm mainly curious if the adafruit mifare reader can edit the unlocked uid cards.

Also
Can the adafruit reader act like an active tag?
thefatmoop