problem with Arduino micro Win 8 IDE 1.0.5

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cyborg5

problem with Arduino micro Win 8 IDE 1.0.5

Post by cyborg5 »

I have a gadget built on Arduino Micro that works fine on my Windows 7 machine but I cannot get the driver to load on Windows 8. I'm using the Arduino IDE 1.0.5 which supposedly fixed all of the Win 8 driver problems. It fails to load the driver and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it repeatedly to no effect. I'm not had any problems with Arduino Uno on the same Windows 8 machine.

Any advice is appreciated.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: problem with Arduino micro Win 8 IDE 1.0.5

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Is Win8 giving you any specific error messages when it fails to load the driver?

cyborg5

Post by cyborg5 »

I plugged the device to a different USB port and did a reboot and now everything is working. I have no idea what went wrong. I had tried unplugging and replacing it in the same port but the driver just wouldn't load. I think it may be that I had use that device in that USB port using IDE 1.0.4 and calling it a Leonardo rather than a Micro and then when it upgraded to 1.0.5 somehow it was getting confused with the old Leonardo drivers and the new Micro drivers or rather the new consolidated signed driver. I don't know what went wrong but at least it's working now.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

I have found some of the new computers with USB 3.0 ports are not totally back compatable with all devices.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Good to hear that it is working now. As franklin notes, we have seen some compatibility issues with USB 3.0 ports. Sometimes just trying a different USB port 'fixes' the problem.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”