CC3000 with Data Logging shield

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
oldogtrik

CC3000 with Data Logging shield

Post by oldogtrik »

My project is capturing pictures from a camera to the SD card on your Data Logger shield on an Arduino Uno, then accessing them via a wireless connection. I had been planning to use an XBee mesh network. But your new CC3000 product might be better choice.
The Data Logger uses SPI, for the SD card I believe, as does the CC3000. Will the CC3000 and the Data Logger work OK together?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: CC3000 with Data Logging shield

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Have not tested this combination, but the C3000 has an SPI interface, so it should be able to share that with the SD card. You will need to reserve one pin for the CS on the C3000.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The CC3000 SPI driver is well-mannered. It waits for any current SPI operations to complete, then properly saves the SPCR register before making changes, and restores it afterwards. You shouldn't have any problems.

oldogtrik

Post by oldogtrik »

Yes, this does sound like a better fit for me then XBee.
I think a may have a problem problem with range since I plan to put my camera/sensor arduinos over a large area and thought that a XBee mesh network would allow me to route to units quite a distance away. The CC3000 according to what you and TI write can attach to an access point but cannot be an access point. From that I assume that I can not use a arduino/CC3000 as a wireless repeater to reach another arduino/CC3000.
I may be able to set up battery/solar powered "home" access points or perhaps use a Raspberry Pi as a "Pi-Point". It would be nice if a Raspberry Pi model A could be used an Pi-Point to keep cost down.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”