Building a automative controled system for aquaponics

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sebarker75

Building a automative controled system for aquaponics

Post by sebarker75 »

Hello, i was wanting to build a system that controled my aquaponic system. i wanted it to monitor ph levels, water temp, water levels, and flow. i have a buddy that can help me with programming, just need help to get started. i see alot of sensors on your website, and dont know where to begin. does anybody have any advice for me. thanks again.

Franklin97355

Re: Building a automative controled system for aquaponics

Post by Franklin97355 »

A good start would be the Arduino Uno and some sensors. Take a look at the sensors offered for each of the things you want to measure and pick one to start with. I would recommend "digital" sensors as they are less prone to noise and resistance if you plan to mount the away from the processor. I have not found an inexpensive and easy to use ph sensor but that does not mean there isn't one that will suit your needs, it just might require more maintenance.

sebarker75

Post by sebarker75 »

Hey thanks. I think the sensors is what I had a question about. All I can find is a30 litter per min. I have about about 30 gpm. I don't really know what sensor to get. Thanks again.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

http://www.metexcorporation.com/metex_p ... atalog.pdf but you might find cheaper or be able to modify one with a digital readout.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”