Arduino + LSM303 Compass + ST7735R TFT Display

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
StrykerSC

Arduino + LSM303 Compass + ST7735R TFT Display

Post by StrykerSC »

Hi all...first of all I want to point out that I only recently discovered the joy of Arduino and am rapidly building my collection of "stuff" to tinker with it. I have a project I'm going to start working on right now and am looking for some general guidance as to whether or not these components can be used in tandem to support my end goal (I'll figure out how to get it together along the way).

At this time, I have an Arduino Uno R3 and an Adafruit Ultimate GPS Logger Shield. I am looking at purchasing the LSM303 Compass Board http://www.adafruit.com/products/1120 and the ST7735R TFT LCD display http://www.adafruit.com/products/358. My question is this...using what I have, would it be possible to display my locational data (I'm not worried about a map at this time....lat/long is fine) ALONG with my current compass data? Specifically...I'm wanting to be able to push a set of GPS coordinates to the unit, have it look at where it currently is, where it wants to go (based on the GPS coordinates I just gave it) and then display a heading and range on the display.

Any thoughts? Problems? Ideas?

Thanks all!

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Arduino + LSM303 Compass + ST7735R TFT Display

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

StrykerSC wrote:I'm wanting to be able to push a set of GPS coordinates to the unit, have it look at where it currently is, where it wants to go (based on the GPS coordinates I just gave it) and then display a heading and range on the display.
Push a set of coordinates to which unit? You can't push coordinates to the GPS, but you can do what you describe on the arduino itself.

Check out this thread where we discuss computing bearings:
http://www.adafruit.com/forums/viewtopi ... ps+bearing

StrykerSC

Post by StrykerSC »

Thank you for the reply! When I say push the coordinates...I'm looking at pushing the coordinates to the Arduino itself which will then pull the currently location from the gps module, compare it to the data pushed to it (the Arduino) and then use the magnetometer and an LCD display to give a heading and bearing to the user. Thanks again and I'll look into the link provided.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

That's what I thought. Should work just fine!

StrykerSC

Post by StrykerSC »

On this day...good sir...you are my hero!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”