Need MORE LCD Characters!!!

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
petespaco

Need MORE LCD Characters!!!

Post by petespaco »

My 20 X 4 display just isn't big enough for all the stuff I need to display at a glance. I know that I could code up a menu system with buttons, etc to switch from one set of data to another. But, when I am running back and forth from one part of my machinery to another, I need to see everything that is going on at one glance.
I hope there are others who have a similar problem. And yes,I know the are some multi pixel units available where I'd have to design my own characters. But few of these really give me more characters anyway.

There are other options as well, but I'd like an option that simply allows me to unplug my 20 X 4 display and plug in a 20 X 8 or 40 X 4 or 24 X 6 LCD . No fancy colors needed, just access to information.
I have looked at other sites and see such things, but my meager mind can't equate the various protocols that many of them use. Also, things like needing negative voltages to run the backlighting.

Pete Stanaitis
----------------

Franklin97355

Re: Need MORE LCD Characters!!!

Post by Franklin97355 »

I doubt you will find anything that will "just plug in" since the code will need to change as will the drivers. There are bigger displays that use the same chips for communication or you could go with a monitor like the 7" TV display and drive it with newly written code both of which are not what you are asking for I know.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”