Arduino tutorials - Lesson 4

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jimpeachey

Arduino tutorials - Lesson 4

Post by jimpeachey »

I have just completed this tutorial on the use of shift registers and 8 LED. When i uploaded the sketch the LED lit in no particular order and sometimes in multiples. I checked all the connections and the sketch etc but the only way i could get it to work was to disconnect the 5v feed from the UNO. Any ideas why this might be and how the 595 is getting any power if the power from the arduino is disconnected? As you might guess - i am VERY new to all of this and although i do have a limited background in coding (VERY limited) i have very little knowledge of electronics beyond wiring up some LED and the occasional IC in very basic circuits!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Arduino tutorials - Lesson 4

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Post a photo showing all your wiring and we'll see if we can spot the problem.

jimpeachey

Post by jimpeachey »

I will do that later,thanks for the reply. Unfortunately i have to clear up after me each time so it will be a case of rebuilding it. Which is good because ill get to see if it does it again.

jimpeachey

Post by jimpeachey »

Hi

I rebuilt it again this evening and found i had missed one of the connections............... Works fine now, thank you. Now i just need to work out why it works...... lol :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”