Wave Board Compile And Multiplr Board Issues

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mboroff

Wave Board Compile And Multiplr Board Issues

Post by mboroff »

I completed assembly of my wave board last night. I have encountered several issues. I am attaching photos and copies of the source code and outputs of each source in the uploaded files.

I made two minor modifications to the board. First I used dip sockets for the ICs as I hate soldering IC pins and they seemed to fit. Two I used Arduino headers to allow stacking Arduino shields as my goal is to have an application that accesses the Internet for information and then plays a wave file. It may also log data.

Please check the construction of the board via the photos. Since I can now read the data on the board's sd card I think it is ok. At first I forgot to change the CS pin definition. But you will notice that when I stack them I can only read one of the cards when both the wave card and the ethernet card have an sd card in them. See listings for files labeled cardinfo.

Next issue is compiling DAPHC. I get compiler errors. I have included a screen shot of my library list beacuse I think I have installed the libraries ok. And I have included a copy of the source code followed by the text of the highlighted error followed by the compiler verbose output. And finally a copy of my directory tree on Windows 7.

Lat minute info. I could not upload all files due to limitation I will combine all text files into one and try an additional post.
Attachments
small_photo3.jpg
small_photo3.jpg (372.39 KiB) Viewed 185 times
small_photo2.jpg
small_photo2.jpg (406.09 KiB) Viewed 185 times
alltext.txt
(26.76 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

mboroff

Re: Wave Board Compile And Multiplr Board Issues

Post by mboroff »

Library_list.jpg
Library_list.jpg (218.84 KiB) Viewed 183 times
Additional screen shot.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

There are some solder joints on the headers and the SD card holder that appear not to have flowed well onto the solder pads. But since you are communicating with the SD card OK, then they obviously are working. If you have difficulty later on, you may want to re-touch those: http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-guid ... n-problems

For compilation problems, we just need to see the first 10 lines or so of the error output.

mboroff

Post by mboroff »

The error message is "'Sdeader' does not name a type'"

Here are the first ten lines or so. It looks like it doesn't find WaveHC.h and some others. I conclude this must be a library install error or missing library.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\variants\standard C:\Users\Marty\AppData\Local\Temp\build4396515131468130878.tmp\daphc.cpp -o C:\Users\Marty\AppData\Local\Temp\build4396515131468130878.tmp\daphc.cpp.o
daphc.pde:4:20: warning: WaveHC.h: No such file or directory
daphc.pde:5:22: warning: WaveUtil.h: No such file or directory
daphc:7: error: 'SdReader' does not name a type
daphc:8: error: 'FatVolume' does not name a type
daphc:9: error: 'FatReader' does not name a type
daphc:10: error: 'WaveHC' does not name a type
daphc:13: error: 'dir_t' does not name a type

mboroff

Post by mboroff »

Ok. It was a library install problem. :). The zip file has a subfolder called wavehc. The import of the ide let me import the whole zip file and it's structure. The program is reading the files off the Ethernet sd card reader.

I will relook at my solder joints as described above.

Is there anything inparticular the I should be alert for due to pin conflicts with mutiple shields such as adding the 1.8 TFT or I guess other SDI hardware?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Those errors mean that the compiler was not able to find the library in the expected location. This guide describes how and where Arduino libraries should be installed: http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-all- ... nstall-use

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”