VS1053 breakout stopped working

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
muinder

VS1053 breakout stopped working

Post by muinder »

Hi
I have my VS1053 soldered to veroboard with a bunch of wires coming from the board to the Arduino. When I first tested it with the "player_simple" sketch it worked fine. Now, however, I first hear a click in my headphones, then no bleep and no sound file. Almost immediately in the serial monitor I see "Done playing music". I've checked the continuity from the ends of my cables to the pins on the board and they all check out OK. Beyond that, I haven't a clue where else to look. I'd be grateful for any advice.
Thank you.
[EDIT]And in the "player_interrupts" sketch, which also once worked fine, I get "VS1053 not found". I'm beginning to suspect I've naffed up something big time, but don't know how to check.[/EDIT]

adafruit_support_bill

Re: VS1053 breakout stopped working

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

If you post some photos of your setup we'll see if we can spot anything suspicious.

muinder

Re: VS1053 breakout stopped working

Post by muinder »

Thank you for taking a look. I couldn't manage to upload the images here, so have posted them at http://www.cultsock.org/top.jpg and http://www.cultsock.org/bottom.jpg. If you click on them they will enlarge. My soldering is, as always, embarrassingly crummy, but, for what it's worth, my multimeter suggests that:
from the end of each attached cable to the corresponding pin on the breakout board there is a good connection
no track is shorted to its neighbour
the tracks are cut down the middle.
As I mentioned, it did once work OK, so I suspect I may have fried something in the meantime.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”