Trinket Help

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
SPOD

Trinket Help

Post by SPOD »

I have purchased a trinket 3v from one of your distributors and I am having a hard time programming it.

I use Windows 8.1 and I was following the trinket tutorial "Setting up with Arduino IDE." I chose the fast way by downloading the trinket compatible Arduino IDE for windows. When I attempt the blink program I still get the large stream of errors, as per your help page. I have also installed the driver for the trinket.

Please help. Thank you for your time.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Trinket Help

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Please post the errors you're getting. You should be able to copy and paste from the error window.

SPOD

Post by SPOD »

The errors are as follows plus a whole lot more:

avrdude: error: usbtiny_receive: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: The device does not recognize the command.

(expected 4, got -5)

avrdude: error: usbtiny_receive: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: The device does not recognize the command.

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

adafruit_support_rick

Please see this item in the Trinket FAQ:
https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... /faq#faq-3

SPOD

Post by SPOD »

I only followed the advice of the article and edit the following:

chip_erase_delay = 900000;

under the ATtiny85 heading to

chip_erase_delay = 400000;

Now I only have this error appear:

Binary sketch size: 832 bytes (of a 5,310 byte maximum)

avrdude: error: usbtiny_receive: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

(expected 4, got -5)

adafruit_support_rick

Sometime we see that error, but the download still succeeds.
Does your sketch work after the download? If so, you can ignore the error.
If not, try a different USB cable, try a different USB port, and/or try connecting the trinket through a self-powered USB hub.

SPOD

Post by SPOD »

Yes, I tried a different USB, 2.0 instead of 3.0, and the program is downloading.

I still get the error, but it works.

Thank you very much for your help.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”