Arduino Micro Dead

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
laptopman

Arduino Micro Dead

Post by laptopman »

I recently purchased a Micro for use in an ongoing project. I had it hooked up to an Ultimate GPS and SD breakout, and was having issues with the serial port. Windows would ding when it was plugged in, and the COM port would show up in the device manager, but not in the IDE. I successfully reburnt the bootloader and connected, but shortly after the board stopped being recognized. Plugging it in to the USB returns nothing and attempting to burn the bootloader returns
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.
Is there anything I can do to try to salvage it? Or potentially get a replacement?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Arduino Micro Dead

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Windows would ding when it was plugged in, and the COM port would show up in the device manager, but not in the IDE.
That part is a Java runtime issue. It has problems keeping track of COM ports at times. If it is showing up as a COM port in the Device Manager, the board is working.
I successfully reburnt the bootloader and connected, but shortly after the board stopped being recognized.
Does it show up at all in Device Manager now? Perhaps as an unknown device?

laptopman

Post by laptopman »

Thank you for the information about the Java runtime error. I will keep that in mind for the future.

It doesn't show up in the device manager at all, and I get no sound when it plugs in.

adafruit_support_bill

When exactly did you purchase the Micro?

laptopman

Post by laptopman »

August 14th

I actually dont necessarily need a replacement. An arduino nano turns out to be much more effective for my purpose

adafruit_support_bill

August 14th
If you decide you do want one, we have a 30-day replacement policy. Just contact [email protected] with a link to this thread.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”