TeeOnArdu Bricked my Micro

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
GusCaplan

TeeOnArdu Bricked my Micro

Post by GusCaplan »

Hello,

I tried to run TeeOnArdu using my Arduino Micro, and now the board is not responding to the IDE or ArduinoISP. This may be my fault because I assumed that if it worked on a leo it would work on a micro, but don't they have the same chip (basically)?

Any help that anyone has would be appreciated.

-Gus Caplan

adafruit_support_mike

Re: TeeOnArdu Bricked my Micro

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The Micro and Leonardo both use the ATmega32u4, so yeah.. they're pretty much the same under the hood.

Does the Micro enumerate as a USB device among your COM ports (Windows) or System Information (Mac)?

GusCaplan

Post by GusCaplan »

Before I bricked it I'm pretty sure that it was a virtual usb interface on windows, and OS X always wanted to set it up as a serial network interface. I programmed it on windows and occasionally Crunchbang Linux.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

If you happen to have a Mac handy, connect the Micro via USB and launch System Information.

In the USB pane, you'll get a list of devices the OS can recognize. I don't remember how the Micro idenfifies itself during enumeration, but if it does enumerate you'll see something like "Arduino Micro" or "Atmel ATmega32u4".

If you aren't sure, unplug the Micro and hit command-R to refresh the list. A couple of plug-refresh-unplug-refresh cycles should let you spot anything that changes.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”