Florifcation of IDE 1.5.x (Win 7)

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Barry914

Florifcation of IDE 1.5.x (Win 7)

Post by Barry914 »

I thought I could just follow the Florification Guide with the beta version of the IDE, but I ran into a snag at the step where I am supposed to edit hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/USBCore.cpp. I have a file with that name in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores, but it does not contain the text I am supposed to edit. Can you offer guidance?

tdicola

Re: Florifcation of IDE 1.5.x (Win 7)

Post by tdicola »

The 1.5 series IDE actually has a different method for adding new boards and hardware. No one's had a chance yet to sit down and figure out what's new with 1.5 so the instructions right now are just for the 1.0 series IDE. If you're curious though check out the docs here for more information on extending the 1.5 series IDE: https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/wiki ... cification

Barry914

Re: Florifcation of IDE 1.5.x (Win 7)

Post by Barry914 »

The last sentence offers some hope.

Code: Select all

Using this syntax allow us to reduce the minimum set of files needed to define a new "hardware" to just the boards.txt file.
I guess if I read this a few dozen times it will all become crystal clear. I suppose it would help if I had some feel for the build process.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”