Christmahanukwanzaa CC3000 not working with UNO

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dsstrainer

Christmahanukwanzaa CC3000 not working with UNO

Post by dsstrainer »

Hi Everyone. I am relatively new to arduino, but after seeing the Wifi Christahanukwanzaa project here on adafruit, I just had to get this working large scale for my house.

I have a mega (2560) and an uno which I bought mainly just for this project as it says it should work with it. But the problem I am having is with the mdns responder part:

Code: Select all

// Start multicast DNS responder on 'arduino.local' address.
  if (!mdns.begin("arduino", cc3000)) {
    Serial.println(F("Error setting up MDNS responder!"));
    while(1); 
  }
This always shows the error when I upload the code to my UNO.
But it works fine when I use the Mega.

What my research has discovered:
- I am able to get the example echo server working which uses this same EXACT code, so I know it works on the board.
- I tried rearranging some code to see if that helped. It didn't
- Then I started removing chunks of code and viola. But it doesn't seem to be any particular code causing it. But simply the amount of code. As soon as I bring the project down to about half the size (normally about 32k, I brought it down to about 15k with all the deleting) it works fine!. It's like it can't execute the code when its all loaded up.

My guess is that the libraries for CC3000 or MDNS have grown since this project was written and likely no longer fits on the UNO... are there chunks of these I can remove to improve the overall smaller size? I don't necessarily mind using the Mega for this project but perhaps the project page should be updated to reflect this requirement or perhaps it can be improved (minimalized) to fit on the uno once again.

Thanks!

Franklin97355

Re: Christmahanukwanzaa CC3000 not working with UNO

Post by Franklin97355 »

This Arduino memory management tutorial should help find memory problems.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”