pulse sensor amped with RFduino doesn't work

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
alessiom

pulse sensor amped with RFduino doesn't work

Post by alessiom »

hello, my name is alessio and i'm italian. I have got a problem with "RFduino" and the "pulse sensor amped" ( heart rate) .
I downloaded the library of the sensor in the official site but when I compile the code, the ide of the arduino detects errors of incompatibility with the sensor and the Arduino example sketch.

interrupt :

Code: Select all

volatile int rate[10];                    // array to hold last ten IBI values
volatile unsigned long sampleCounter = 0;          // used to determine pulse timing
volatile unsigned long lastBeatTime = 0;           // used to find IBI
volatile int P =512;                      // used to find peak in pulse wave, seeded
volatile int T = 512;                     // used to find trough in pulse wave, seeded
volatile int thresh = 512;                // used to find instant moment of heart beat, seeded
volatile int amp = 100;                   // used to hold amplitude of pulse waveform, seeded
volatile boolean firstBeat = true;        // used to seed rate array so we startup with reasonable BPM
volatile boolean secondBeat = false;      // used to seed rate array so we startup with reasonable BPM

void interruptSetup(){     
  TCCR1A = 0x00;
TCCR1B = 0x0C; // prescaler = 256
OCR1A = 0x7C; // count to 124
TIMSK1 = 0x02;
sei(); 
} 

// THIS IS THE TIMER 2 INTERRUPT SERVICE ROUTINE. 
// Timer 2 makes sure that we take a reading every 2 miliseconds
ISR(TIMER2_COMPA_vect){                         // triggered when Timer2 counts to 124
  cli();                                      // disable interrupts while we do this
  Signal = analogRead(pin_viola_sensore);              // read the Pulse Sensor 
  sampleCounter += 2;                         // keep track of the time in mS with this variable
  int N = sampleCounter - lastBeatTime;       // monitor the time since the last beat to avoid noise

//  find the peak and trough of the pulse wave
  if(Signal < thresh && N > (IBI/5)*3){       // avoid dichrotic noise by waiting 3/5 of last IBI
    if (Signal < T){                        // T is the trough
      T = Signal;                         // keep track of lowest point in pulse wave 
    }
  }

if(Signal > thresh && Signal > P){          // thresh condition helps avoid noise
    P = Signal;                             // P is the peak
  }                                        // keep track of highest point in pulse wave

//  NOW IT'S TIME TO LOOK FOR THE HEART BEAT
  // signal surges up in value every time there is a pulse
  if (N > 250){                                   // avoid high frequency noise
    if ( (Signal > thresh) && (Pulse == false) && (N > (IBI/5)*3) ){        
      Pulse = true;                               // set the Pulse flag when we think there is a pulse
      digitalWrite(blinkPin,HIGH);                // turn on pin 13 LED
      IBI = sampleCounter - lastBeatTime;         // measure time between beats in mS
      lastBeatTime = sampleCounter;               // keep track of time for next pulse

if(secondBeat){                        // if this is the second beat, if secondBeat == TRUE
        secondBeat = false;                  // clear secondBeat flag
        for(int i=0; i<=9; i++){             // seed the running total to get a realisitic BPM at startup
          rate[i] = IBI;                      
        }
      }

if(firstBeat){                         // if it's the first time we found a beat, if firstBeat == TRUE
        firstBeat = false;                   // clear firstBeat flag
        secondBeat = true;                   // set the second beat flag
        sei();                               // enable interrupts again
        return;                              // IBI value is unreliable so discard it
      }   

// keep a running total of the last 10 IBI values
      word runningTotal = 0;                  // clear the runningTotal variable    

for(int i=0; i<=8; i++){                // shift data in the rate array
        rate[i] = rate[i+1];                  // and drop the oldest IBI value 
        runningTotal += rate[i];              // add up the 9 oldest IBI values
      }

rate[9] = IBI;                          // add the latest IBI to the rate array
      runningTotal += rate[9];                // add the latest IBI to runningTotal
      runningTotal /= 10;                     // average the last 10 IBI values 
      BPM = 60000/runningTotal;               // how many beats can fit into a minute? that's BPM!
      QS = true;                              // set Quantified Self flag 
      // QS FLAG IS NOT CLEARED INSIDE THIS ISR
    }                       
  }

if (Signal < thresh && Pulse == true){   // when the values are going down, the beat is over
    digitalWrite(blinkPin,LOW);            // turn off pin 13 LED
    Pulse = false;                         // reset the Pulse flag so we can do it again
    amp = P - T;                           // get amplitude of the pulse wave
    thresh = amp/2 + T;                    // set thresh at 50% of the amplitude
    P = thresh;                            // reset these for next time
    T = thresh;
  }

if (N > 2500){                           // if 2.5 seconds go by without a beat
    thresh = 512;                          // set thresh default
    P = 512;                               // set P default
    T = 512;                               // set T default
    lastBeatTime = sampleCounter;          // bring the lastBeatTime up to date        
    firstBeat = true;                      // set these to avoid noise
    secondBeat = false;                    // when we get the heartbeat back
  }

sei();                                   // enable interrupts when youre done!
}// end isr

the error is caused surely the interrupt routine but I can not solve the problem since I do not know the code to replace all ' internal program.
the error the error printed is :

Interrupt.ino: In function 'void interruptSetup()':

Interrupt.ino:16:3: error: 'TCCR1A' was not declared in this scope

Interrupt.ino:17:1: error: 'TCCR1B' was not declared in this scope

Interrupt.ino:18:1: error: 'OCR1A' was not declared in this scope

Interrupt.ino:19:1: error: 'TIMSK1' was not declared in this scope

Interrupt.ino:20:5: error: 'sei' was not declared in this scope

Interrupt.ino: At global scope:

Interrupt.ino:26:4: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token

I think that the code is not compatible with RFduino but only with arduino but I would make it compatible with it . I do not know what to change to code of internal setup interrupt.
I thank everyone in advance for the help ;D

Franklin97355

Re: pulse sensor amped with RFduino doesn't work

Post by Franklin97355 »

The processor on the RFduino is not the same as on an Arduino so you can't use the low level calls in that code. You will need to check with the makers of the RFduino for help with this.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”