Arduino Yun Package install error

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
vortec_16

Arduino Yun Package install error

Post by vortec_16 »

Hi All,

I am looking to set up my Arduino Yun in the method described here:
https://learn.adafruit.com/wireless-sec ... rduino-yun

I've run through all the package installs and they all work up till the point where I try to install mjpg-streamer. At that point i get an error pertaining:
Cannot find package mjpg-streamer.

I was wondering if anyone had come across not being able to install packages such as this. I tried searching it, but there is no clear cut solution to this issue that I have seen.

Thanks

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Arduino Yun Package install error

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

It's possible that the Linino distribution has changed since that tutorial was written.

Your best bet is to check over in the Arduino forums and see if the folks there have more up to date information about the packages available: http://forum.arduino.cc/

marco26fr

Post by marco26fr »

Hello,

I am the author of this article. I just tested it again on my Yun, I have no problem with the mjpg-streamer package. Make sure first to have the latest version of the Yun image:

http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/YunSysupgrade

And then simply log on the Yun and type:

opkg update
opkg install mjpg-streamer

Let me know if it works!

vortec_16

Post by vortec_16 »

marco26fr,

Thanks for the reply. The system upgrade did the trick with mjpg-streamer. I must have missed that in my searching. I remember reading about downloading 1.5.3 for Arduino, but I thought that was the computer Arduino software, not something specifically tied to the Yun. I now have a streaming Yun.

Past that point, I was wondering if you experienced with the web browser interface, or the direct link to the stream, that the page constantly needs to be refreshed after about 5 seconds. On the interface page you show in your tutorial, the stream goes blank. And if I go to the direct link outside of the interface I get an message entailing an error in the stream. Both are fixed with a refresh of the page. If I open the stream in VLC I can stop the stream from getting errors, but a 1-2 second delay is introduced which is not ideal. I am wondering if there may be some workaround for this issue. I am fairly new to Arduino's and Linux in general so any insight is appreciated. I did try to Google this issue to no avail.

Thanks again,

Andrew Gigowski

marco26fr

Post by marco26fr »

Great that it works!

For the bug you are experiencing, no, I didn't got this one, but what I can say is that the latest versions of the Yun image didn't make things better but actually worse ... for example I have a bug as well: coloured stripes on the camera stream that I didn't have with earlier versions of the image. So I hope Arduino will come up with a better version in the future!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”