NEOPIXEL LIBRARY FOR ARDUINO ZERO PRO

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bande

NEOPIXEL LIBRARY FOR ARDUINO ZERO PRO

Post by bande »

Hi,
I've just received my ARDUINO ZERO PRO and tried to compile my sketch previously used with ARDUINO UNO/MEGA based on Adafruit_NeoPixel library for a neopixel based lighting project.
I'm using IDE 1.7.4 and selected as target Arduino M0 PRO
I've got the following errors:
Arduino:1.7.4 (Mac OS X), Scheda:"Arduino M0 Pro (Native USB Port)"

/Adafruit_NeoPixel.cpp: In member function 'void Adafruit_NeoPixel::show()':
/Adafruit_NeoPixel.cpp:749:3: error: 'Pio' was not declared in this scope
Pio *port;
^
/Adafruit_NeoPixel.cpp:749:19: error: 'port' was not declared in this scope
Pio *port;
^
/Adafruit_NeoPixel.cpp:753:29: error: 'pmc_set_writeprotect' was not declared in this scope
pmc_set_writeprotect(false);
^
/Adafruit_NeoPixel.cpp:754:43: error: 'pmc_enable_periph_clk' was not declared in this scope
pmc_enable_periph_clk((uint32_t)TC3_IRQn);
... ^
and many others similar to these.
I'm a relatively new user and I do not know how to fix those missing declaration by myself.
What should I do?
Thanks a lot

adafruit

Re: NEOPIXEL LIBRARY FOR ARDUINO ZERO PRO

Post by adafruit »

Please seek support for this product where you purchased it, we do not sell or support it at this time.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

It seems that library is not compatible with your board. In the code the library checks for the board type and if it does not find a regular Arduino it thinks you have a Due and sets code for that. The Zero has an ATSAMD21G18, 32-Bit ARM Cortex M0+

bande

Post by bande »

adafruit wrote:Please seek support for this product where you purchased it, we do not sell or support it at this time.
Sorry, I thought you sold it:

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

It is in the catalog, but we have not seen actual boards to date and have not sold any.

bande

Post by bande »

franklin97355 wrote:It seems that library is not compatible with your board. In the code the library checks for the board type and if it does not find a regular Arduino it thinks you have a Due and sets code for that. The Zero has an ATSAMD21G18, 32-Bit ARM Cortex M0+
The library I'm using is the one that I find is suggested for Neopixel projects with Arduino. I found it here
I guessed the problem was about the kind of board: in the source code there are a lot of #ifdef referring to __AVR__ and F_CPU etc. but I'm not able to modify the Adafruit_NeoPixel.cpp by myself to code for the ZERO: there is assembly embedded code and I understand it depends from the kind and the clock of the CPU board.
Do you know where I may find an up to date version compatible with the ZERO board or when it will be available for Adafruit products?
Thanks

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

You might find code or code help on the Arduino site but since this is a new board it may take a while. If you find anything useful please let us and others know

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”