BME280 with Arduino Mega 2560

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
MichaelProino

Re: BME280 with Arduino Mega 2560

Post by MichaelProino »

Thank you for your feedbacks! Then, we must not cover the sensor with anything, this is so healthy I guess.
I have another question, if this sensor faces directly water, I mean under rain, does it damage or operates correctly?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Water inside the sensor could affect readings and ultimately damage the sensor. Typical protection for barometric sensors in outdoor locations is to put them in a water resistant enclosure with vent holes in the bottom. The enclosure protects the electronics from direct exposure to falling or blowing rain, but the vents allow equalization of pressure. A conformal coating as mentioned above provides additional protection from condensation.

MichaelProino

Post by MichaelProino »

Thank you for your kind replies! My sensor board works correctly and I understand how to use it outside, I really appreciate to you :)

jboyton

Post by jboyton »

You need to take care to prevent bright light (e.g. sunlight) from entering the vent hole as well. It won't damage the sensor but it will affect the pressure reading.

MichaelProino

Post by MichaelProino »

I have another question, what is the maksimum current value of this shuttle board, I mean during measurement, also what is the time range of the measurement?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The datasheet has this information for the sensor chip. Current consumption is just a few uA as shown on page 2.
Sample timing in various operating modes is described on page 51.

In addition to the chip's current ratings, you need to add a few uA for the quiescent current of the on-board regulator and the current through the pullup resistors on the i2c bus during active communication.

jboyton

Post by jboyton »

The average current drawn by the BME280 module varies a great deal depending on configuration. There are four examples given in the datasheet on pages 17 & 18 ranging from 0.16uA (weather monitoring) to 633uA (indoor navigation). In general you need to calculate it based on the information in the datasheet.

Instantaneous current has a maximum of 714uA during a pressure measurement.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”