Powerboost shield monitor

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
clafrieda

Powerboost shield monitor

Post by clafrieda »

Hey. Question about the powerboost shield. In the pinouts page it says to monitor the battery voltage "Simply solder onto one of the solder jumpers on the bottom of the PCB." Is this the solder jumper marked "monitor"? My understanding is that I solder one of the jumpers marked "monitor" and connect an analog input to the pin directly below the solder jumper. Is that correct?

Also, if I want to run power to a second arduino, should I just use the 5v out on the boosted arudino or is there a power output on the shield that I should use?

Thanks,
Chris

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Powerboost shield monitor

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

clafrieda wrote:Is this the solder jumper marked "monitor"?
Yep.
clafrieda wrote:My understanding is that I solder one of the jumpers marked "monitor" and connect an analog input to the pin directly below the solder jumper. Is that correct?
Pretty much. The jumper connects the battery voltage to one of the Arduino's analog pins, so all you have to do is read that pin to track the battery voltage.
clafrieda wrote:Also, if I want to run power to a second arduino, should I just use the 5v out on the boosted arudino or is there a power output on the shield that I should use?
The 5v pin would be best.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”