Help with selecting the correct parts

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Billr083046

Help with selecting the correct parts

Post by Billr083046 »

Project concept
Air conditioners do not tell you when to change your ac filter and or clean the condenser coils and their is nothing out there that would interface with home automation. I want to be notified when to change air filter and or clean condenser coil.

I have selected a pressure transducer amphenol Npa 500b 10wd 10" water . Analog output calibrated. Has SOP14 footprint
2 temperature probes to measure air temp at return plenum and air temp after condenser coil to measure cooling efficiency..
Start data logging when ac starts ( number of data points during time are flexible) with a digital trigger input. When ac turns off send data via Ethernet to my system storage or to google docs.
At this point the software is the least of my worries. I just need help in choosing the correct hardware to do this.
Question is what do I need to accomplish this. Any comments questions would be appreciated

Thanks Bill Roberts

cbxbiker61

Re: Help with selecting the correct parts

Post by cbxbiker61 »

The Huzzah esp8266 (good wifi support) is ideal for this sort of app if you don't need tons of data pins. The Adafruit mqtt lib is also a simple effective way of moving messages around on you local network.

cbxbiker61

Re: Help with selecting the correct parts

Post by cbxbiker61 »

Just thought you may like to see this. This is my HVAC control system running on a Huzzah esp8266 controlling Heat/AC/Humidifier/Fan through 4 SSR's. To expand my pin count I used an I2C chip that gives me 8 additional gpio pins. I'm using 4 transistors to bump the current output driving the SSRs.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/386 ... 51830a.jpg

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”