Bluefruit Micro LE -- Not Connecting Properly

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
eklost

Bluefruit Micro LE -- Not Connecting Properly

Post by eklost »

Hello all,

I've been fighting with the Bluefruit Micro LE for some time. I have one computer powering the Bluefruit, and then having the Bluefruit send data over to a laptop with Bluetooth on it. I'm able to connect the Micro to my laptop (the blue LED turns on), but when I got into look at the COM Ports in the 'More Bluetooth Options' it does not show any mention of the Bluefruit. It does show up on my device manager though as 'Adafruit Bluefruit Micro LE' however.

I have made sure that both computers have the Arduino IDE and libraries installed, board manager shows the Bluefruit, and that the drivers are installed on both computers. Any additional help would be appreciated.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Bluefruit Micro LE -- Not Connecting Properly

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

What mode are you using for the BLE connection.. UART, HID keyboard, etc?

eklost

Post by eklost »

I'm trying to run the demo at_command from the libraries Adafruit provided. From that code, it looks to be in SPI mode since I'm running it straight from the directions. Ultimately what I'm trying to do is get the Bluefruit to interact with TeraTerm on my laptop and be able to send and receive data on there. Would I have more luck running it in UART or I2C? Thanks.

adafruit_support_mike

I think you're referring to the connection between the microcontroller and the BLE module. I was asking about the wireless connection between the BLE module and the computer paired to it.

If you want two-way communication, you'll probably have the best luck using the BLEUart wireless serial connection.

In that mode, the BLE connection probably won't show up as a traditional COM port.

BLE devices tend to be more like hardware data structures than general IO devices, so while most contemporary OSes provide BLE support, it only exists as code for communicating with the internal BLE hardware. Communication happens in applications that use the routines provided by the OS.

Look for BLE client software rather than a general terminal emulator.

eklost

Post by eklost »

Thanks for the help Mike. I'll look around for any BLE software that can make use of the Bluefruit. Do you have any recommendations as far as which one to use (besides ABLE)?

adafruit_support_mike

I'm a Mac/unix guy, so I'm not that familiar with Windows software. I'll check and see if anyone has suggestions.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... s-electron
is what we've got - windows BLE support is very marginal!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”