Using Arduino to detect RF from spark and then logging using

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tmightens

Using Arduino to detect RF from spark and then logging using

Post by tmightens »

I am currently doing a project which is similar to this in respect in using the gps to define a location when there is a trigger.

The basis of the project is to use the Arduino to detect radio frequencies which are emitted by a spark from using an antenna of some sort.

From using the data I then need to create a trigger to the GPS shield so that the location can be then be logged and stored.

The idea behind it is to see where an electric train are creating sparks on the overhead lines.

I am fairly new to Arduino so any help will be appreciated.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Using Arduino to detect RF from spark and then logging u

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Spark detection is a whole different subject, but we have an shield for the Arduino Uno with both a GPS module and an SD card: https://www.adafruit.com/products/1272

We also have a tutorial that's similar to what you want to do: https://learn.adafruit.com/track-your-t ... ps-tracker

tmightens

Post by tmightens »

Thanks for the reply,

I will be generating a spark within a lab and from connecting an antenna of some sort to the Arduino i want to use the data gathered from the radio frequency to then create a trigger to log the event with a gps and time stamp.

I have been looking at the product you have shown there and think that would work perfectly for the GPS side of things.

It the integration of the two together which I am struggling to get my head around. Ie the rf data being collected and then triggering the gps to stamp an location.

With regards to the product you shown above, what will be the typical delivery time for this to the UK ?

Thanks again for the help

Thomas

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions about a spark detector, but however you handle that, giving it a 0v-to-5v logic output will make it easy to connect to an Arduino. From there, you can pretty much use the code from the project as-is.

WRT shipping times to the UK, I'd imagine UPS can get things to you within a few days. You might also check our distributors page for resellers closer to you though. That will save on shipping costs. http://www.adafruit.com/distributors/

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”