Problem uploading sketch to Trinket

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
lhewitt007

Problem uploading sketch to Trinket

Post by lhewitt007 »

Gentlemen:

I recently purchased a few Trinkets for projects that I am currently working on. I am experiencing problems trying to upload a sketch to the Trinket. I am using the Windows XP O.S.. I followed the setup instructions shown in the Adafruit "Introducing - Trinket" tutorial. After downloading the bootloader, and connecting the Trinket to the CPU, the Reset button on the Trinket was pressed to install the bootloader. From the Arduino Ver. 1.6.7 IDE Tool menu the board selected was the "AdafruitTrinket 8MHz". The programmer selected was the "USBtinyISP". The The CPU appears to recognize the Trinket (Green power light is on and the Red light is slowly fading in and out). The Reset button was pressed again to enter the bootloader mode. With the Red LED fading in and out, the Arduino IDE upload button was selected, the upload began; however, an error message was indicated: avrdude: error at C:\ProgramArduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf:332: programmer type must be written as "id_type"

Could it be that the avrdude.conf from version 1.05 rev 2 is not compatible with the Arduino Ver 1.6.7 IDE? If so, what is the correct version of the avrdude.conf file?

Since I'm not sure what I should try next, your assistance in quickly resolving this issue is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Larry H.

lhewitt007

Re: Problem uploading sketch to Trinket

Post by lhewitt007 »

Gentlemen:

I found a "avrdude.conf" file which will allow me download a sketch to my Trinkets. I do not know if this is the correct version; however, it does work with the Arduino Ver. 1.6.1 IDE. I have attached the working file for your perusal. You will need to rename the file "avrdude.conf.txt" to "avrdude.conf".

We out in "Arduino Land" appreciate your support!

Best regards,
Larry H.
Attachments
avrdude.conf.txt
(466.68 KiB) Downloaded 174 times

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Problem uploading sketch to Trinket

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Try using version 1.6.5 of the Arduino IDE. Versions 1.6.6 and 1.6.7 made some changes that broke a lot of code.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”