Music Maker MP3 Sheild

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jeffreystaker

Music Maker MP3 Sheild

Post by jeffreystaker »

I purchased the Music Maker MP3 Sheild and a new Uno to go with it . I followed the tutorial to assemble the unit, installed the Adafruit_VS1053 library, and loaded the first sample program "player_simple". Next I modified the code to use the shield instead of the breakout board as shown in the tutorial. I placed three small mp3 files on the micro sd card and named them "track001.mp3 to track003.mp3 as shown in Photo 1. I ran the program and opened the serial monitor and got the message shown in photo 2 but no sound. Only a short burst of static. Next I loaded the program "player_interrupts". Once again, I modified the code to use the sheild. I ran the program and opened the serial monitor to see the message shown in photo 3. I have used two different Unos and two different micro sd card but still get the same result as in photo 3. Could this unit be defective? Order # 996795-1004580146. Purchased Jan 23 2016.
Attachments
Photo 1.jpg
Photo 1.jpg (80.34 KiB) Viewed 244 times
Photo 2.jpg
Photo 2.jpg (44.89 KiB) Viewed 244 times
Photo 3.jpg
Photo 3.jpg (49.16 KiB) Viewed 244 times

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Music Maker MP3 Sheild

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Try entering the names in capital letters. The FAT filesystem is pretty limited, and I don't think it supports case-sensitive names.

jeffreystaker

Post by jeffreystaker »

Good call on the file names Mike. Changing the case didn't work but I removed the ".mp3" from the end of the file names and that did it.
Attachments
Photo 5.jpg
Photo 5.jpg (77.47 KiB) Viewed 208 times

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Glad to hear you got it working. Happy hacking!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”