sourcing stepper motors?

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
ben

sourcing stepper motors?

Post by ben »

Hi,

I'm trying to calculate what my kit will cost in larger volumes (when I can't rely on surplus parts), and I need to find a source of new Nema 17 stepper motors. Does anyone have any suggestions? I saw only one link on Ladyada's resources page, to Herbach & Rademan, which was helpful. Are there any other sites or catalogs that sell new steppers cheaply? Sorry adafruit, I can't pay $15/motor...

While it would be nice to order several hundred motors at a time from China, I will first need test a couple to be sure they work with my kit. Does anyone know about ordering samples from Chinese suppliers?

Thanks!
Ben

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”