Labor on assembeled kits?

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
george_graves

Labor on assembeled kits?

Post by george_graves »

Take from Limor's marker fair talk:
do a full pricelist of how much parts would cost if you made 100 of these. get the best pricing you can. this is your raw cost now add 40% to this cost. this is your 'wholesale cost'. now add 40% again, this is your retail cost
so: project is $10 in parts, wholesale is $16.50, retail is $27.50
Ok - so that sounds like a good rule to start with for un-assembled kits. What about assembled kits? I know the market I'm thinking of selling to, and I know that they are all interested in how something is made, and some will want to do it themselves, but not everyone will want, or can make it themselves.

How do you figure in what to charge for labor on assembled kits?

Thanks!

George Graves

adafruit

Re: Labor on assembeled kits?

Post by adafruit »

labor is raw materials cost

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”