Nice gmail add-in for small business.

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
george_graves

Nice gmail add-in for small business.

Post by george_graves »

Something strange happens when you're starting up something and your name gets out there. People start contacting you. That's the a good thing. The bad thing is that you almost never know who the heck these people are. For the past week I've been running a nice little gmail add-in. It's kind cool. And it's free.

http://rapportive.com/

This nice little gmail add-in (works in Firefox, Safari and Chrome) somehow goes out onto the interwebs and finds information about the person sending you the email, and displays it where google would normally displays it's ads. Today I got an email from someone and it told me that the person was the CEO of a small company, his location, and showed all his social networking pages (facebook, twitter, linkedin). In a few seconds I could get a feel for who this person was. Based on that, I might custom tailor my response based on what I now know about him. Or I might use something that I learn about him as a segue to something else. Very handy indeed.

Oh - I haven't used this yet, but I guess you can leave notes for yourself about the contact too. Reminds me of "ACT!" (that I actually miss)

Hope that helps!

gg

richms

Re: Nice gmail add-in for small business.

Post by richms »

So long as it doesnt make the stupid asumption that most places do that someone uses the same email address on all services then it would be very useful.

I tend to use gmail thru imap mostly till they will sort the random creation of conversations between unrelated emails that just share a subject and the default of hiding text it determines is quoted based on some random algorithm. So something like this for outlook would be so awesome.

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”