Turning site visitors into buyers

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
rocketgeek

Turning site visitors into buyers

Post by rocketgeek »

I've started a kitbiz, Logos Electromechanical LLC (http://www.logos-electro.com), and I'm getting some traffic through AdWords and talking about my products on some online fora. However, those visitors aren't turning into sales, and I am having trouble figuring out why. Does anyone have any good tips for fixing my conversion issue and actually selling some of my stuff?

adafruit

Re: Turning site visitors into buyers

Post by adafruit »

rocketgeek wrote:I've started a kitbiz, Logos Electromechanical LLC (http://www.logos-electro.com), and I'm getting some traffic through AdWords and talking about my products on some online fora. However, those visitors aren't turning into sales, and I am having trouble figuring out why. Does anyone have any good tips for fixing my conversion issue and actually selling some of my stuff?
good information is advertising, create an amazing - useful destination. provide tutorials, videos and more. make a great place, with a great community - and they'll reward you.

adwords is just junk traffic.

cheers,
adafruit (pt)

uhe

Post by uhe »

This is just a customer view, I don't produce or sell stuff.

To me the site appears anonymously. No person to speak to, no names (or acronyms) no addresses. It feels like standing in the desert, no other person in sight and a dead bush passes by. I don't think that I would ask for consulting services on such a place.
If you don't see the store here, please make sure you have javascript enabled and any script-blocking scripts turned off.
(jeah I know that i also need googleusercontent here) I think it might be a good idea to mention the two shop in seattle also on this page.

HTH

tinsmith

Post by tinsmith »

For starters, I had to load three pages to find out vague info about one product you make. Two more to go up and come down into another category page with 1-2 items that are "coming soon" and again to check the others. Most of the pages look to be filler. You have more site than content, and you make passively interested people work too much to find out why they should be actively interested.

The actual product pages look okay, and you take pretty good photos. You might want to avoid the light gray text simply because it registers as "commented out" or de-emphasized.

Welcome or splash pages are very 1995. Move that BANNED to an "About Us" and splash with your news feed and some real product info.

Your focus is all over the place. If you want to move parts, that's one thing. If you want to consult, do it on the back end or on another site.

Don't expect me to drop my script blocker unless I'm about to start adding things to my cart, because it's not happening. You're selling to people who are buying electronics - lots of them will have script blockers.

Good site versus bad site often comes down to two things - usability and content. You almost always need BOTH, but the less you have one the more critical it becomes that you have the other.

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”