Shipping supplies

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
stbtrax

Shipping supplies

Post by stbtrax »

What is a good source for cheap padded envelopes, cardboard boxes, and such? Lowish volume ~50.

adafruit

Re: Shipping supplies

Post by adafruit »

george_graves

Re: Shipping supplies

Post by george_graves »

For padded envelopes I've been using ebay. Search for "poly bubble mailer" and ebay will sort through the size. I use #00 - but there are dozen of (standard?) sizes. High quality, and you can't tear them open with your hands.

Apparently the sellers are targeting other ebay seller, and a few of them have amazing shipping deals that will be hard for uline to beat.

If you're like me, and find it obscene to pay shipping on shipping products, and you live in decent size town, there are sometimes local suppliers you can tap into.

But, if you're going to ship USPS Priority, then you have to take advantage of the free boxes. They have everything from 2x5x8 and larger. Did I mention they are FREE? I really like the small flat rate box.

It's under $5($4.85?) to ship anything to anywhere in the US. About $15 international. When you take into account what the box would have cost you if you had payed for it (say $1.50) it's a hell of a deal.

Hope that helps.

gg

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”