Wholesale Solderless Breadboard Component source?

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
Boz

Wholesale Solderless Breadboard Component source?

Post by Boz »

Any one have a source for raw Solderless breadboard components.

I m looking for 840 tie point boards but Im hoping to get them in component form, separate core and power rails or even ideally raw not even assembled, no pin metal inserts or back tape.

Any help appreciated.

Boz

tinsmith

Re: Wholesale Solderless Breadboard Component source?

Post by tinsmith »

Your search terms were a bit off. Here's one source for what you're talking about.

http://www.futurlec.com/Breadboards.shtml

One note about using Futurlec...it's probably coming from Taiwan, so, some patience about delivery may be implied. Also, their default action if something is backordered is to hold pending availability. Some of their stuff is pretty cheap if you're not in a hurry.

crazybutable

Post by crazybutable »

Try these guys:

http://www.satistronics.com/halfsize-so ... p2869.html

Never used them before, but that's the best price I could find on breadboards.

Boz

Post by Boz »

Thanks for the input, I ll post the outcome just placed an order.

tronixstuff

Post by tronixstuff »

tinsmith wrote:Your search terms were a bit off. Here's one source for what you're talking about.

http://www.futurlec.com/Breadboards.shtml

One note about using Futurlec...it's probably coming from Taiwan, so, some patience about delivery may be implied. Also, their default action if something is backordered is to hold pending availability. Some of their stuff is pretty cheap if you're not in a hurry.
Good call. After a few orders with Futurlec, items can come from Thailand, Singapore via China, and Taiwan as well.
When you place an order, wait a couple of hours then email them to check that what you have ordered is in stock or not, and if not - what you would like them to do.
Very odd, but it works.

richms

Post by richms »

Futurlec is great when they come thru, but too often things just go into order limbo with them, no updates, no charges happening, no feedback from them about what is happening. Adafruit they are not for customer service.

I still order from them tho, non time critical things that are nice to have around, like IEC plugs and sockets where they are by far the cheapest in small quantities, uncrimped header pins, and I got some crimp tools from them which I couldn't find anywhere else without insane shipping charges. I suspect they are a front end for several small retailers or something because when I have bought the same thing from them, it has come totally differently packed and shipped on different occasions.

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”