How do I get the word out?

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
technowizard12

How do I get the word out?

Post by technowizard12 »

Hiya,

I started http://nluelectronics.com with a friend. We're taking preorders for a new kit, and I managed to get us a mention on the Amp Hour blog. How else can I market us? I'm going to be selling at the local Electronics Flea Market. We have to take preorders because we have no seed money. Where should I market? Who should I contact?

nootropicdesign

Re: How do I get the word out?

Post by nootropicdesign »

I don't think you are going to have much luck with pre-orders. No one is going to give you real money for the promise of a product in 2 months. If you want to go into business, you need some money to start. Get enough PCBs and parts for a small batch (like 25 or even fewer). This really shouldn't cost much. If you have no money at all, then that truly is a problem. Running a retail business requires...inventory.

technowizard12

Post by technowizard12 »

I realized this a while ago, so I'm ordering 50 PCBs to start with. Now, how do I advertise?

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

I'd start by commenting to the blog when you are ready to sell and start selling at the flea market. You could offer a reward to anyone that gives you a lead to someone that buys one and soon you will on your way (if your product is worthy)

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”