Vibrati Punk Console Kit - Feedback Pls

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
alphabetter

Vibrati Punk Console Kit - Feedback Pls

Post by alphabetter »

Hi All,

Inspired by Adafruit's KitBiz presentation and others I've just launched a small kit! It's called the Vibrati Punk Console and it's an extension of the popular Atari Punk Console. It would be great if you all could help me by looking at the site and letting me have your thoughts on the site presentation and possible improvements.

I'll try and write some more soon about how this got developed and how things proceed.

nootropicdesign

Re: Vibrati Punk Console Kit - Feedback Pls

Post by nootropicdesign »

Very nice looking site. My only suggestion is to show the shipping costs for the various options instead of forcing the user to click the Buy Now button to find out. Good luck!

alphabetter

Post by alphabetter »

Thanks.

Good comment - the shipping thing annoys me too. Unfortunately Paypal doesn't let you automate shipping calculations outside the US and if you set it up as multiple options it then miscalculates the prices for quantities > 1. Grrrrrrrr. Would still like to find a fix though.

technobly

Post by technobly »

The site looks great, make the rest of it look the same! ;-)

I like the project steps at the top. I would like the PDF of the steps to have an icon, and be with the other documents like the schematic in a Docs section... but that's just me. It was a tiny bit hard to find the schematic under the Use page.

I don't really think having the shipping on a separate page is a big deal. Every site I've every bought something on doesn't know where I want the item shipped until I check out anyway. If anything it's QUICKER to see what the final cost will be, and a quicker checkout than normal because it's Paypal and they already have my shipping info and payment info.

The testimonials are great, and the one by Forrest M. Mims III should give you lots of credibility.

Let us know when you reach 1000 kits sold :shock:

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”