Endicia vs. Stamps.com

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
neutron spin

Endicia vs. Stamps.com

Post by neutron spin »

Can anyone recommend which postal service they prefer...Endicia or stamps.com and the cost effectiveness of each? Right now I mostly ship via UPS through Paypal and want to have an alternative method of shipping especially to international locations. Any info appreciated.

adafruit

Re: Endicia vs. Stamps.com

Post by adafruit »

neutron spin wrote:Can anyone recommend which postal service they prefer...Endicia or stamps.com and the cost effectiveness of each? Right now I mostly ship via UPS through Paypal and want to have an alternative method of shipping especially to international locations. Any info appreciated.
we use endicia and really like it (and the dazzle software that it uses). we have two shipping stations, our own system and ship hundreds a packages a day with it.

we will have a post here about it shortly, you have excellent timing!
http://www.adafruit.com/blog?s=software+sunday

cheers,
adafruit

neutron spin

Post by neutron spin »

Thanks!...will be looking for the post....much appreciated. Endicia was my first choice BTW :)

Regards

StampsComCorp

Post by StampsComCorp »

Hi Neutron Spin,

Please consider Stamps.com as an option. Coulple of differences that you'll find between Endicia and Stamps.com:
1) Stamps.com allows you to import order data from a variety of marketplaces (ebay, Amazon, Yahoo Stores), payment processsors (PayPal, Google Checkout) and shopping carts (ZenCart, OS Commerce, BANNED, X-Cart, etc). This service is part of the standard $15.99 plan. For Endicia, you need to use a third party service to automatically import the data -- so that is an additional cost.

2) Stamps.com provides SCAN forms for all customers at the $15.99 plan. Endicia requires you to upgrade to their PRO plan which is $34.95

3) Stamps.com posts the rates for each mail class on our main "package info" screen. Endicia requires you to click and see another page to see the rates.

4) Stamps.com UI is very simple and intuitive and we also have a much bigger Tech Support team. Stamps.com has live tech support (based in Los Angeles headquarters). You can call and talk to a real person without a call-back -- a feature that many customers say is a big difference from Endicia.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!
Eric
Stamps.com
Last edited by StampsComCorp on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

StampsComCorp wrote: Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!
Eric
Stamps.com
eric (and stamps.com) thank you for posting here! this is very cool to see a company jump in, we hope endicia does too!

can we ask some questions here about stamps.com ?

we have specific needs and who knows, maybe we'll switch !

cheers,
adafruit

StampsComCorp

Post by StampsComCorp »

I'm ready for questions!!! Please ask anything you want about Stamps.com. I can explain any features in detail.

Eric
Stamps.com

TAUTIC

Post by TAUTIC »

For what it's worth, I've been using Stamps.com for my business for about 6 months now and am absolutely thrilled with the service. Great software and competitive shipping rates.

Best Regards,

Jayson Tautic
www.tautic.com

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

One of the killer things about endicia (at least a few years ago) was that you could set it up to scan the clipboard or a folder for XML files. they can also handle international shipments. is this possible with stamps.com?

TAUTIC

Post by TAUTIC »

They have a concept of "Batch" shipments which accept a number of datasources. CSV/Textfile, Excel, ODBC, XML, and Amazon MWS being some of the more interesting sources.

This functionality also integrates with OsCommerce, Zen Cart, BANNED, eBay and a bunch more.

StampsComCorp

Post by StampsComCorp »

Great to hear Stamps.com is working for you Jayson!

Adafruit -- Yes, Stamps.com can import/monitor XML files. This works for both domestic and INTL shipments. We offer all mail classes for Intl, including First Class Mail International.

We also post the package Delivery Confirmation numbers back to an Output XML file. So you can import that Output XML file to your cart, and DC numbers will be updated.

To see more info on Stamps.com handles XML files, please visit:
https://stamps.BANNED/app/answers ... 994/kw/xml

Thanks!
Eric
Stamps.com

BoltOf

Post by BoltOf »

Another option is to use a multi-carrier shipping solution like what ConnectShip offers. This gives you a single screen for many different carriers including UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, etc., etc. Probably of more value with higher shipping volumes as it's more costly to buy/implement than a standalone Endicia or Stamps.com system. But they are fully programmable (.Net, VBScript, etc.) and support multiple stations. There are toolkits available so that you can write your own front end and custom business rules as needed.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Fascinating, when we were staring out we moved from stamps to endicia because of the xml integration. sounds like stamps saw the light. we have a fully integrated system ourselves but it sounds like for new businesses both are good options. hopefully we can get an endicia rep to let us know how their system is better ;) at least every one agrees that pitney bowes (ebay shipping) isnt an option :lol:

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

hi folks!

this is an email from endicia!
[email protected] wrote:Thank you very much for passing us this information. I am working on getting someone in there as we speak. In the mean time you may let the forum know they can email me directly at [email protected] Just put ATTN JOSH in the subject line and I can answer questions directly.
so...... ask your stamps.com questions AND your endicia questions!

cheers,
adafruit

Johndoe2

Post by Johndoe2 »

Endicia has over 140 partners including Ebay and Amazon that does the same thing

Also SCAN is free for all service levels INCLUDING THEIR $9.95 SERVICE. Endicia also offers a free service Stamps.com cheapest plan is around $15 bucks

Yes stamps.com UI is easier to use and requires less steps here and there

both companies offer live tech support and chat support

StampsComCorp

Post by StampsComCorp »

Hi JohnDoe2,

Just to clear up some of the info here:

-- A big difference between Stamps.com and Endicia is that Stamps.com has the integrations built inside our software. So there is no need to download a secondary program as Endicia requires (ShipWorks is required for eBay orders and iABOL is required for Amazon orders). Other marketplaces/payment processors such as PayPal, Google Checkout, Yahoo Stores, and/or shopping carts require a third party program, usually with a fee, in order for the data to be imported into Endicia.

Stamps.com includes the batch import capability in the software for our standard monthly plan at $15.99. Once the connections are established, you can click one "refresh" button and the software will connect to each marketplace/store and import your data.

-- Stamps.com also has a free program specifically for eBay sellers. There is no subscription charge, but the account is limited to only importing orders from eBay. You can see it at http://www.stamps.com/ebayfree1/

With that said, Endicia does have some nice features that Stamps.com does not have yet like Business Reply Mail, Delivery Statistics and other features. Both programs work well and offer big money/time savings compared to going to the Post Office. I'm partial to Stamps.com for obvious reasons ;-)

Thanks!
Eric
Stamps.com
Last edited by StampsComCorp on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”