What would you guys like to see?

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
scienceguy8

What would you guys like to see?

Post by scienceguy8 »

So, a while back I was selling completed electronic widgets to the chiptune music community, but had to give it up due to concerns in school and fatigue (part of the design required a rather messy, long, and often failed, Game Boy Link Cable modification). About 6 months ago, I graduated from school (Go You Salukis!), but have failed to get a full time job in the meantime. I'm doing contract work thanks to the Adafruit Job Board, but what I would really like to do is go back into the business of homemade electronics. The question is, however, what to sell. What do you, the kit and tool buying public, want to see, buy, and use? Currently, I'm working on a PCB version of the amplifier that appeared in last summer's issue of MAKE Magazine (the last one I build had a hum on the left channel, and thus not ready for sale). I would also like to try making a modified version of the Ice Tube Clock main board for easier access to the serial and I2C lines. Are these things you would like to buy in kit form?

Franklin97355

Re: What would you guys like to see?

Post by Franklin97355 »

With a number of posts and interest in energy savings wireless sensors seem to be in demand.

sircastor

Re: What would you guys like to see?

Post by sircastor »

I think this is the million-dollar question. Finding the right kit/product/idea to sell is one of the key components to being successful as an entrepreneur. I would hunt around in the forums. See what questions people are asking, what kinds of things stand out as needed from the community. Go from there.

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”