End-to-end tracking with USPS First Class International?

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
george_graves

End-to-end tracking with USPS First Class International?

Post by george_graves »

I had a international customer tell me recently that he get packages all the time from USPS, that have end-to-end tracking. He said they are sent first class.

I didn't think there was any way of doing end-to-end tracking on USPS First Class packages (or even priority) - anyone know the secret? Or is he blowing smoke?

adafruit

Re: End-to-end tracking with USPS First Class International?

Post by adafruit »

george graves wrote:I had a international customer tell me recently that he get packages all the time from USPS, that have end-to-end tracking. He said they are sent first class. I didn't think there was any way of doing end-to-end tracking on USPS First Class packages (or even priority) - anyone know the secret? Or is he blowing smoke?
express mail international can be tracked end to end, but for regular ole' first class mail international - is not trackable by the USPS once it leaves the US. the postal service does not update their first class international mail status after it leaves the usa.

https://www.usps.com/business/service-chart.htm

cheers,
adafruit support

jseaber

Re: End-to-end tracking with USPS First Class International?

Post by jseaber »

george graves wrote:I had a international customer tell me recently that he get packages all the time from USPS, that have end-to-end tracking. He said they are sent first class.

I didn't think there was any way of doing end-to-end tracking on USPS First Class packages (or even priority) - anyone know the secret? Or is he blowing smoke?
After years of frustration with First Class International, I took the time to dig up some answers: JDS Labs Shipping Info

You can indeed track First Class International packages by adding "Registered Mail" service to the shipment. This can be done at the post office, or through Endicia, but strangely not through Stamps. Screenshot of Endicia (see "Service Options"):
Attachments
Endicia_RegisteredMail.png
Endicia_RegisteredMail.png (85.73 KiB) Viewed 4980 times

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”