Arduino combined with welding kits business for homebuilt pellet boiler

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
Duinowelder

Arduino combined with welding kits business for homebuilt pellet boiler

Post by Duinowelder »

I have developed a simple Arduino based wood chip boiler, I have been documenting it with a blog www.frugaltinker.com. It's been a lot of fun but it is difficult to find the subset of people who, care about their cost of heating their home, are comfortable enough with an arduino to not let that scare them and have some welding skills. So I guess this is a marketing kind of question. I know there are people out there who are do it yourselfers, that's what this site is all about, but how much cross over is there between electronics, welding, energy conservation and desire to save money? I built a CNC plasma cutter so that I could produce consistent parts and sell kits of both the metal parts to make the hopper and feeder as well as maybe sell the Arduino control box as a unit for those uncomfortable with the electronics part. Any feedback is welcome.

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”